Skip to main content

The Greatest Victory

Easter. The day of victory! My Savior defeated the most undefeated force of all time. In all the stories, death cannot be undone. It is forever, and nothing can change that. I am a fan of the show Once Upon A Time, which uses all the classic fairytales. Every time someone dies and someone else tries to bring them back to life, they fail. No amount of magic will bring someone back from the dead. Death is permanent. In other stories, if a character dies and then come back to life, we usually call it a cop-out ending, and toss it to the side. I read one that was fantastic! I got so into it that when the child died in it, I cried. Then, he magically came back to life. I only had three more pages, and I could not finish the story. I was so mad that the author could not use the death to bring a lesson or just close it out after the death, that it ruined the entire book. Many people cannot wrap their head around Jesus being alive because of what we have always known about death. We know there is no turning back, but Jesus did it! He lives. He brought victory over death, and that changes everything we have ever known about death. My heart rejoices with such a change. The greatest victory of the world came, and I rejoice over the One who brought us life.
And why was there such a great change? True love. If you ever read any fairytale, you know true love's kiss breaks all spells. Snow White. Beauty and the Beast. Little Mermaid. Sleeping Beauty. The list goes on! True love conquers. Our God bears the greatest love. No one loves more than Him, and with that love, He broke the curse of death, and gave us so much more. He brings peace to our souls, after the raging war of sin. He broke the separation between us and God. He brings us the knowledge of true love. Through the resurrection of Christ, we are able to know the God of the universe, the Ancient of Days. Only the pure and faultless love of God could break such a curse!
Today, as I celebrate this victory of death, my heart is overwhelmed with love. I cannot even imagine being able to love as deeply as Christ when He gave His life over for all humanity. My soul finds peace knowing my Jesus is an overcomer. He came so I may live. Now that the grave has been conquered, He seeks after me, and I run to Him. Yet not just me, He came for all who walk this earth. He seeks after them just as earnestly, because His deep love goes to all. I cannot stop sharing of His goodness to those around me. I cannot keep this salvation to myself. All need to find this love, and find the salvation Christ offers. Jesus took the sins of all, and it is up to each person to take the offering. However, they will not know of such love unless Christians get out there and make it known.
I choose to earnestly share with all I come to know. I choose to run like crazy until my time is done. I do not want anyone to miss out because of my unfaithfulness. That is why I choose to leave everything I have ever known behind, and run off to Africa. This is where I can bring the most glory to Christ. Every Christian has a place where they can bring the most glory to His name, and that is where they need to be. Some people will remain where they are, but people like me will be called to something completely different in order for the entire world to know Him. I praise God as He uses the Body of Christ to reach every nation.

Just like all other fairytales, the Prince of this story will return! He will come riding on a white horse, and put an end to all evil. He will win, because good always wins. This is where I place my hope, and I know the end of this story will not be a cop-out.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25 Years of Broken Dreams (Although This Is An Uplifting Post)

On my twenty-fifth birthday, I looked back on a high school goal of mine. In one of my classes, we had to make those “by this point in my life I will (fill in the blank)” and make tangible goals to reach the dream. Mine? By age twenty-five, I would own my own hair salon in Newport, Oregon. My plan was to move to the Coast and have my hair license by age twenty so I could begin building a clientele that would sustain my own salon, as I saved to make this dream possible. This July, I hit that birthday. Let me tell you, not a single one of those goals or ambitions were accomplished! Yet, not a single part of me regrets not following my dream. First of all, it was my stubborn personality that kept that dream going for so long. The dream really should have stated, “Prove to others I can do what they said I couldn’t” because if I were to boil down a very long story, that was at the heart of this dream. I pretty much refuse to spend more than five minutes on my own hair. I don’t know what

Encouragement

I am overwhelmed with the reactions of people who hear about my heart for missions, and my upcoming opportunity to work with Redeemer House Orphanage. All warm my heart, and fill my soul with joy. Most reactions are filled with squeals of joy, tears, and enormous hugs. I hold them deep in my heart, and I am blessed. When I first was wrestling with the idea of applying for this position, I took a day trip to my home church in Powell Butte, Oregon. I did not share with many about what I was praying about because I didn't want to make a great big scene, and then not follow through. I hope that church will be behind me through whatever missions I do, but something in me told me to wait to share with everyone. I did share with some, and when I did, each one was ecstatic for me! Each one encouraged me to pursue this route, because if God wants me there He will open the door, and if He doesn't then He will close it, but let Him do it. Their words of encouragement blessed me more than

Every Fleeting Moment

I joined a huddle of friends in time to hear the words, "she didn't make it," followed by gasps, tears, questions, and heart break. As I quickly catch up to what is happening, my heart shatters along with everyone else. A dear woman (one which impacted all that gathered) was in a car accident. She didn't make it. Can this be real? Death brings such a flood of emotions. A sudden death, as with my friend, starts with denial. "No! This can't be. There has to be a mistake, and any minute, my phone will go off with a text asking me to babysit. And this sinking feeling of my heart will pass with a sigh of relief!" Then when all the doubts have been stomped out and reality sets in, memories, questions, and hurt flood the heart. This is where I stand at this very moment. Maybe I should not write in such a raw state. But this is where I heal. Maybe a blog shouldn't be for healing, yet here we are.  My friend has two sweet boys. They mean the world to me.